Monday, 2 January 2012

The move begins

Well I said it was only going to be a couple of weeks before my last blog when in fact its been over 2 months!

So much has happened since I signed off last time and to be honest I just haven't had the motivation or time to write again. But I think its maybe time again as poor old Jaz is struggling with her vision to the point she can barely see.

Since Ive been away from blogland much to my family and friends delight I have secured a job in Rangiora our old home town, it means in 5 days we leave this lovely place and head back down to christchurch.
As much as it pains me to leave I do understand that Jasmine needs quality of life and more support than I can give her on my own. We have created some very close friends that I now class as some of my closest and I hope to always be in contact with them.
Takapuna Beach

Hot water beach Coromandel

Jaz has been through some tough times, she now suffers from a debilitating condition called Parinaud Syndrome probably caused by severe hydrocephalous and consequences of past treatment. Sadly no one will commit to any positive or negative outlook which leaves her with double vision, minimal eye muscle control and blurred vision. She permanently wears an eye patch and has had her lens prescription strengthened. Time is now needed to see if her condition corrects itself, Hydrocephalous should not be a problem after her latest operation where they pushed a hole in the bottom of her third ventricle.
On top of that she is now completely off all steroids, after being on them for so long it will take her adrenal glands up to 6 months to operate properly again meaning she needs to sleep all the time! Brain tumours really are a curse and after 2011 I wonder how much more we can take.
Thats it on tumours for today, I always said that sick or not Im happy she is just still here with me.
Sneak Preview of the new house


My new vegetable garden
So the shift begins with the girls flying to Christchurch on Thursday and Jaz, Phoebe and I will drive down after the truck collects our goodies on Friday. We plan to be in Rangiora to view the house for the first time in the flesh on Tuesday.
I am looking forward kicking back and enjoying some time with the girls settling in to our new home. (thats another blog!!)

I have pretty much packed everything, Jaz has been great and has done her best and its really just those little bits and pieces that we need left to pack. Tomorrow I will take the bike and ride to Gulf Harbour for the last time, one of the things I will miss is the amount of hills around here that have been great for my training.

I think Im just about done!! There is so much more I could add but lets save that for another time.

We are safe, almost packed, very sad to be leaving great mates and beautiful scenery but excited about seeing our friends and families in the South Island.

Ill be back :)

Mark

5 comments:

  1. The leaving is hard - so many new people to be grateful too and miss. Returning back will be different - as you are not the same as when you left, any of you. And of course, Christchurch has changed too, but there are exciting new challenges ahead, and some of the old familiarity and people will soon soften the blow and spread the load. There are new friends to meet as well through schools and work. Personally, I can't wait to see you all again and I look forward to some of the old 'Sundays' particularly - whatever their new shape is. Heading out to Rangiora has not felt right for too long as it is.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, I wish so many things for you and Jaz and the girls but for now I will simply say that I hope that all goes well with the move and that this proves to be the first step to re-building your life as a family with the extra support that you need. You will be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels Treacy's. I hope the move goes smoothly and quickly. We'll miss you!
    Wishing you lots of luck, love & happiness.

    Nate, Jen & Hollie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart goes out to Jaz and to yourself Mark. I will be thinking of you all on your journey, Karen and Family xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home clan Treacy. The old Ashley gang look forward to seeing you all soon.

    ReplyDelete